“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and they shall call his name Immanuel”
Christmas time is here! 'Tis the season for decorations, presents, hot cocoa, family time and - most important of all - remembering the reason for the season: the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.
We know that the Newborn King had a few visitors - or at least that's how it looks in our nativity scenes! He's always got a little birthday party going on with the Shepherds and the Wise Men. But, did you know...
The Wise Men didn't actually come right away. They came about a year and a half after Jesus was born! It took them a very long time to follow that star...
These Wise Men were not just wise... men. They were Magi; astrologers who studied the stars to predict the future and interpreted dreams. That's how they knew which star to follow!
It is possible that there were more than three Wise Men. In fact, there could have been 300 Wise Men. There's no way to be sure.
BUT we do know that these wise men brought along with them three gifts! The gift of Gold, the gift of Frankincense, and the
gift of Myrrh - (Gold, associated with Kingly rule, for a Mighty King, Frankincense, a spice used by priests, for a Ministering Priest and Myrrh, used in burials for a Martyred Prophet.)
Here at Rocky Mountain Soap Market, we love our Gourmet Body Bar, where you can pick any lotion, tub soak, bubble bath, body scrub, massage oil, beard oil, - well, you get it, basically anything you'd like - choose your own essential oils/fragrances and we will create an amazing, gourmet product right there while you wait! You can do this in-stores or online.
One of the essential oils that we have available for use at the Gourmet Body Bar is Frankincense oil. Sound familiar? It's one of the precious gifts brought to Jesus by the Wise Men. But what makes this oil so precious? And what benefit does it have in the bath and body world? Well, just in time for Christmas, here are... drumroll, please...
5 Things We LOVE about Frankincense Oil:
1. Frankincense, at the time of the original gift, was the spice used by priests. By bringing this along, the Wise Men acknowledged Jesus not only as a King, but also as a Priest.
2. Frankincense oil is considered a 'tonic,' that is, it benefits all systems operating in the body, including the digestive, respiratory, nervous and excretory systems. It can be absorbed through the skin or diffused through a vaporizer.
3. It is known to help in healthy cell maintenance and regeneration. It can treat dry skin, reverse the signs of aging and reduce the appearance of stretch marks/scars.
4. It can work as a natural pain-killer. Research has shown that Frankincense can aid in inhibiting the production of inflammatory molecules, which is especially helpful, it seems, with rheumatoid arthritis. For this use, a massage oil would be a good pick.
5. Aromatically, it has calming and anxiety-relieving effects. It's scent is described as woody, earthy, spicy and fruity.
Remember, however, that not all oils are created equal. If you are using any essential oil at home, check the label to see if it is safe to ingest or use topically.
If you want to be a wise guy and try some Frankincense Oil in your Gourmet Rocky Mountain Soap Market products, we will see you in stores (in Lakewood and Colorado Springs) or online soon! Just request our Frankincense Essential Oil to be used in one of our amazing gourmet products.
Rocky Mountain Soap Market
All biblical facts were researched and found through the Bible and Jon Courson's Application Commentary of the New Testament. All scientific facts were found through scientific health articles via Dr. Mercola.