Let's talk about Jojoba Oil! Aside from having a silly-sounding name, this amazing product is part of our Gourmet Beard Oils, our Restore Facial Lotion, our Body Scrubs and our Massage Oil!
But why do we love it so much?
5 Reasons we LOVE Jojoba Oil
1. It is ideal for healthily hydrating skin and hair because it mimics the natural oils our bodies produce.
2. It is surprisingly less oily than it is waxy, therefore Jojoba oil works to seal in the moisture and create an effective barrier to external elements.
3. It has antibacterial properties and acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, which soothes irritated skin and control bacteria in the hair follicles/pores.
4. It contains Vitamins A and E, which stimulate skin cell reproduction.
5. Because of it's amazing hydrating and healing properties, it is great for eczema, psoriasis, sunburn and acne.
Now you know why we love it, but we also want you to know where it comes from. Jojoba Oil is actually a liquid wax extracted from the nut of a shrub that is indigenous to American soil. Jojoba nuts are known to have been used by the Native Americans in the distant past as a paste used for skin and hair health. The nuts also served as emergency survival food (the nut is edible, but is only 50% digestible, so is essentially a laxative. I know, not entirely appetizing. Good thing we don't eat lotion, scrubs, and beard oil).
If you like the sound of these amazing benefits, stop by our stores in Downtown Colorado Springs and at Belmar in Lakewood or any of our friends listed here... or shop online!
We look forward to seeing you!
Rocky Mountain Soap Market